Thursday, December 29, 2011

the first loaf

Being new to the world of bread making, one must begin at the bottom. With the recipe book that comes attached to the bread maker. This is what that loaf looks like. Too dense for a sandwich. But yummy all the same. If I had to rate it on a scale of one to ten, it would be a three. Not because it tastes bad. Just because, it doesn't feel like a terribly useful loaf of bread and it wasn't gobbled up in moments as other loaves have been. My kids didn't really love it, but they choked it down. Again, not because it tastes bad. I think it is just too dense and too big. Toasted up nicely though.

IMG_2873

It wasn't until I began looking around that I realized that a bread maker was considered cheating! I had no idea. So, I decided to venture outside of the recipe book attached and try a different loaf of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment